Any, even a one-day hike, you need to fully plan in advance and prepare everything you need. On a hiking trip, you should take functional and durable things that can definitely come in handy. In Armenia, there are so many beautiful places where you can go hiking and have an unforgettable experience.
Campaign portable devices in Armenia can be found in every store on your way to the mountain. So you have to buy hiking devices in Yerevan, before going hiking. Now when you already buy portable devices in Yerevan and decide where you want to go for hiking, you have to make a list of must-have products and items you need even for one day.
In addition to a backpack, a sleeping bag and a tent, you need safety equipment, a first aid kit, food, kitchen and hygiene items, documents, route maps and other things that may come in handy.
A hiking backpack is not the thing to save on. If it is uncomfortable to carry or if it breaks, then the trip will not bring positive emotions. For hiking with an overnight stay (2-3 days), one that holds 40-60 liters, weighing no more than 2.5 kg, is suitable. The longer the trip, the more spacious the backpack should be. It needs to have wide straps. Other fastenings help to evenly distribute the weight of the load throughout the body. When collecting, it is better to put the heaviest things closer to the back, followed by food, dishes, various little things, a raincoat, and everything that you may need while moving (knife, water, snacks, napkins, etc.).
When choosing a tent, it is better not to take large-sized and heavy-to-transport models. For a short trip, a trekking tent on aluminum arcs is suitable. It is easy to install and weighs little. You should also pay attention to the material from which it is made: it should be two-layer, where the outer part is waterproof and the inner part is absorbent. Thanks to this, condensation will not accumulate inside. The water-resistance of the tent (PU) is at least 3,000 mm for the top and at least 5,000 mm for the bottom.
The sleeping bag is selected depending on the season, so it is important to pay attention to the temperature range indicated on the label or patch. It is designated “t, comfort” (for women) or “t, limit” (for men). There are two types of sleeping bags:
- It has the shape of a triangle and can be used as a blanket. Cons: Takes up a lot of space and is quite heavy.
- Cocoon. This look is wide at the shoulders and tapers towards the legs. It is lighter and also retains heat better.
There are also sleeping bags that can be attached to each other. Although they are not as comfortable, they are much warmer in them. For a comfortable sleep, you should take a bag 10-15 centimeters longer than a person’s height.
Food and kitchen utensils.
A basic set of kitchen utensils for a hike:
- camping tiles;
- knife (and hatchet);
- fuel (cylinders with gas);
- cooking set (pot, frying pan);
- dishes / disposable bowls;
- soap (it is better to take biodegradable);
- a small quick-drying towel;
- water container.
To maintain personal hygiene, you should stock up on the following necessary minimum:
- toothbrush and paste;
- small mirror;
- toilet paper;
- handkerchiefs, wet wipes;
- small scissors;
- hygienic lipstick;
Technique and items for navigation.
This is maybe one of the most important things for comfortable hiking. If you don’t want to carry all these things with you, you can just buy a smartwatch for instance Garmin. The hiking watches from Garmin have everything you need for quality hiking.
But if you don’t have that kind of watch yet, for a trip you may need:
- Phone, complete with several external batteries. Now most models are equipped with GPS, which allows you to determine the location of the smartphone, build routes and find the desired object on the map. The main thing is to have a connection.
- Flashlights – manual and headlamp. The LED lights hold the battery well.
- Local map. It must be printed out for all participants on the trip. You can’t rely on electronics alone because they can break down.
- Compass. It will help you better navigate the area.
- Spare batteries for everything you need to charge.
- Radio if necessary.