- 1 pound of ingredients
- 2. 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2″ bits
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, split
- 2 tiny diced onions
- 1/2 c. garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Sauvignon Blanc 1 is a dry white wine.
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 c. finely ground black pepper, plus a little extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped new parsley
- red pepper flakes smashed
- A big pot of salted water should be brought to a boil. Cook until penne is al dente, according to box instructions. Drain 12 cup pasta water and set aside. Remove from the equation.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a big skillet over medium-high heat.
Season with a pinch of salt after frying the asparagus until it is crispy.
Place the chicken on a plate and set it aside.
- Over medium pressure, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
Cook for 5 minutes, or until onions and garlic are softened.
Combine the heavy cream, white wine, lemon juice, and zest in a mixing bowl. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to low heat for 5 minutes.
Salt, Parmesan, and black pepper to taste.
Reduce the heat to low and stir until it is well mixed.
- Remove from heat and toss in the spaghetti, asparagus, and parsley until fully covered. Apply a little pasta water at a time before you achieve the perfect consistency. More grated Parmesan, crushed black pepper, and red pepper flakes can be added to the dish.