When you switch accountants or start a new business and sign up for QuickBooks Online, you may need to add an accountant to your account. This will give your accountant access to all of your invoices, expenditures, and other financial data.
Alternatively, you might be comfortable doing simple bookkeeping activities such as account reconciliation or matching transactions, but you’ll almost certainly want your accountant to have access to your QuickBooks for more involved projects such as tax planning and preparation.
So, in this article, we’ll go over how to add your accountant to QuickBooks Online.
Before you begin any of these steps, keep the following in mind:
- Ensure that your QuickBooks Online account has admin-level access.
- Unless you make the accountant a Master Admin, adding an accountant does not count against your total user’s cap in QBO. You have the option of adding up to two accountants to your account.
How To Add An Accountant To Your QuickBooks Account
- You’ll see a Gear icon in the right top corner of your QuickBooks account once you’ve signed in and opened the home page. The icon includes the majority of your QuickBooks Online account’s customization options.
- A new menu will appear when you click the gear button. Under the “Your company” portion, look for the “Manage users” menu item.
- A new page will appear after you select “Manage users.” You can add additional users to your QuickBooks account from this tab. Adding your accountant used to be done on this page, but Intuit recently moved that option to the new “Accounting firms” tab. Now choose “Accounting firms” from the dropdown menu.
Your accountant will receive an email inviting them to the party in your QuickBooks Online once you’ve submitted the invitation. You’ll find that the status of your accountant’s invitation has changed from “Invited” to “Active” until she accepts it.
Once you’ve added an accountant to your QuickBooks Online account, they’ll be able to log in and tidy things up or double-check your work as needed.
If you are interested, you can look for an online accountant to manage your QuickBooks easily. By this, you can guarantee to find the best QuickBooks accountant for your company.
What If I Want To Change My Accountant?
If you change accountants and need to deactivate access to your previous accountant, follow these steps:
- To begin, you must first log into QuickBooks Online.
- Go to the Settings tab and choose Manage Users from the dropdown menu.
- Select Accounting Firms from the dropdown menu.
- After that, you must locate the accountant you want to dismiss.
- Select the small arrow dropdown in the Action column, then press the Delete button.
- Finally, click Delete to confirm your action.
Now that you’ve hired an accountant to assist you with your finances, they’ll be able to give their team members access to QuickBooks online accountant workflow.
Accountant Team Access
Now that you’ve hired an accountant to help you handle your finances, they’ll be able to grant access to their colleagues using the QuickBooks Online Accountant workflow.
This essentially means that the accountant you choose becomes the “lead accountant,” with the ability to add, delete, and handle users in the same way as mentioned above. They can do so in the Your Practice portion of the left navigation pad. It’s worth noting that replacing or reassigning a new lead accountant will affect who can edit team access in the future.
Accountants may change the user settings for their staff, such as who can only access the account or edit it. It’s crucial to know who has access to your accounts and what access privileges they have for security reasons.
That’s what there is to it! You now know how to add and delete accountants from your QuickBooks Online Accountant workflow, as well as how they can change team access privileges.
Outsourcing Saves Time and Money
QuickBooks is user-friendly accounting software for small companies. Intuit created QuickBooks with the expectation that average Americans will use them. While there is a learning curve, the program is relatively simple to comprehend. You can categorize and project financial targets based on your numbers by automatically categorizing sales and charges made to your bank accounts.
It saves you time and money by allowing you to run all of your business from one software and centralizing all of your transactions and clients. You won’t have to waste time looking for receipts or keeping track of accounts that have been billed.
Rather, you can use the app to look up a business and discover what you need to know in a matter of minutes. QuickBooks for small businesses has a lot of features, but they aren’t going to overburden you with useless data.
Finally, we hope you found this article helpful and that you are now able to invite and delete accountants in QuickBooks Online on your own. Furthermore, if you encounter any difficulties, you can always go to a professional online accountant to help you manage your QuickBooks and your business.
Call me Jen Hensey, a writer and blogger of LifeStyleConvo & UrbanHouses, who worked as a full-time content creator. A writer by day and reader by night.