How to fix QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301?
QuickBooks is that the most versatile financial management software designed by Intuit. It possesses myriad features that are highly advantageous for its clients. a number of its features are generation of invoice, employee’s payroll, reports, tax filing, and far more. But it’s been recognized that several users encounter a frequent error code that’s – QuickBooks Error Code 6144. This error is usually encountered while the user tries to open the corporate file. This error doesn’t let the user to perform any task through the most or other systems.
Important Points to recollect
Before you start with the method and also with exploring the varied other facts, there are certain points that you simply can’t afford to miss. Here are few belongings you got to remember before you start the solution:-
- It recommended to practice all the steps on the host (server) system except the last step
- make sure that all the systems are properly shutdown including host & other
- Turn-off the system security software
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6144
There are certain causes to Error code 6144, a couple of of which are listed below:
- just in case the installation of the software is corrupted or incorrect
- Or, the program files associated with QuickBooks accounting software are corrupted thanks to any quite Trojan attack.
- just in case the corporate files associated with QuickBooks are deleted mistakenly
- Any quite network issue also can be a legitimate reason behind the occurrence of this type of error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6144
The signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 6144 are as follows:
- just in case the code itself displays on the screen
- QuickBooks Error Code 6144 – Screenshot
- Or if the active program window crashes with QuickBooks error 6144
- The windows run sluggishly
- The system freezes periodically
- Windows has been pack up to stop damage to the system
Read Also Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 557?
How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6144?
Follow the steps by step manual process to repair the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 as shown below: –
Step 1: Start the QuickBooks Service Option
- The very initiative is, within the QuickBooks, attend the “Start” icon and click on on the “Services” tab.
- then , within the “Services” list, click on the “QBCFMonitoringservice” icon.
- Later, verify that the services started and are setup within the ‘Automatic Mode’.
- Start Services in QuickBooks – Screenshot
- If it’s not, then verify the “Radio” button and hit onto the “Apply” tab further “OK” icon.
Step 2: Alter the Account Type
- Tap onto the “Start” icon on the keyboard.
- attend the “Control Panel” tab and choose the “User Account” icon.
- Click on the “Add/Remove User Account” tab.
- Then, click onto the “QBDserviceuser23” icon and modify the account type as per the need by verifying “Administrator User” icon.
- Change the Alter the Account Type – Screenshot
Step 3: Create the Folders in C Drive
QuickBooks user alleged to create new folder with the name of QB. Afterward, choose “Read/Write” options for all the created folders. Following folders are got to be created on the Drive C:
- Create the Folders in C Drive – Screenshot
- Add System
- Add User
- Endow Read/Write permission for the whole folders. Later, click on the “Share” icon to share all the whole folders to all or any the systems.
Read Also: Toggl integration with QuickBooks Online
Step 4: Copy the corporate enter New Folder “QB”
- It has been observed that files corrupted thanks to the file size. Thus, it’s unable to open on the QuickBooks.
- Copy company enter new folder – Screenshot Image
- within the system ‘C Drive’, navigate to the “Users” option =>“Public” icon =>“Public Documents” tab =>“Intuit” icon =>“QuickBooks” icon =>“Company Files” tab. Here, you’ll see the default location of the corporate files.
- Later, copy & paste the QB enter the new folder named as “QB”. confirm that you simply don’t cut – paste the QB Company enter the folder because it may cause corruption.
Step 5: Setup the Inbound & Outbound Firewall Rules
- within the “Firewall” tab, select the “Windows Firewall” option.
- within the “Advanced Settings” tab, attend the “Inbound Rules” icon =>“New Rule” icon =>“Port” icon. Lastly, click on the “Next” icon.
- Configure firewall-screenshot
- These are the port numbers for various versions:
- Setup the Inbound & Outbound Firewall Rules – Screenshot
Step 6: Run QuickBooks database server manager
- attend the “Programs” list, click on the “QuickBooks” icon.
- within the drop-down list, select the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ icon. Later, hit onto the “Add Folder” tab.
- within the system C Drive, search & add QuickBooks folder. Later, minimize this tab.
- QuickBooks Database Manager -Screenshot Image
- Finally, click on the “Scan now” icon. this may cause the scanning process of QuickBooks company file.
Step 7: Restore the QuickBooks Company Files
- On the server computer, open/access the QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Click on the “Open & Restore Company File”.
- Restore from Backup (Step 1) – Screenshot
- Select the QB Company file “Get Back to Business”. Later, prefer to open/access the files within the Multi-user mode.
- Confirm that the hosting enabled and attend the “File”. Later, click on the “Utilities” icon.
- Navigate Utilities Option – Screenshot
- Click on the “Stop Hosting multi-user access” option. Finally, the QB Company files are going to be accessible on the server computer.
- Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – Screenshot
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82
- The steps to repair the QuickBooks error 6144 82 might differ a touch from the steps listed above.
- The user is firstly required to press F2 in QuickBooks desktop
- then , move to the file information and also find the situation of the corporate file
- Now, open the situation
- And also, find the .ND and .TLG files that have an equivalent name because the company file
- Now, rename the files by adding .OLD at the top of every file extension
- This might resolve the difficulty