The Government of India has launched an E-Way Bill (EWB) scheme to allow suppliers/transporters to set up e-Way bills for both intra-state and intra-state goods movements. In compliance with the GST Regulations and in accordance with Rule 138 of the CGST Regulations, the Government has made it mandatory for individuals and companies who are suppliers/transporters to draw up an E-Way Bill.
The GST Act mandates that any licensed individual or taxpayer who carries or induces a transfer of merchandise of a value exceeding Rs. 50,000 in relation to the supply; or for reasons other than the supply; or an inward supply by an unregistered party shall make an e-Way Bill accessible on the e-Way Bill website.
A combined e-way bill is generated if the retailer feels it necessary to transfer a variety of shipments of merchandise into a single-vehicle. In other words, if a single vehicle carries a variety of shipments belonging to the same provider, there is no need to comply with separate e-way bills for each shipment, however, a consolidated e-way bill may be made. This will make life simpler not just for the vendor, but also for the messenger, who would only have to bring a single sheet of paper. E-way Bills must be distributed independently of whether or not the movement of goods is due to output or otherwise.
The laws of the E-way Bill provide that a certain amount shall be collected from the Government’s system for all movements of goods compliant with the specified requirements, and that particular number referred to as the E-way Bill Number shall be included in the shipment. In this article we will look at Generate Consolidated E-Way Bills – All You Need To Know.
The dedicated e-Way Bill (EWB) platform has been introduced to issue e-Way Bills under the e-Way Bill scheme. The direct link to this portal is https:/ewaybill.nic.in/.
The National Informatics Center (NIC) has also launched the E-Way Bill APIs licensed by GST Suvidha Providers to help major organizations/transporters simplify the whole process by integrating their solution into the taxpayers’ ERP or the existing e-Way Bill system to deliver e-Way Bills in real-time.
What is E-Way Bill Consolidated (EWB)?
The Consolidated E-Way Bill (EWB-02) is a single text that provides a summary of all E-Way bills pertaining to shipments. If the supplier/transporter plans to transport a few shipments of goods in a single conveyance or vehicle, he/she can use the Unified E-Way Bill feature which is readily available on the E-Way Bill portal. However the supplier/transporter should be a carrier or in step 1, it should have made its own e-way bills to use the consolidated EWB facility.
Consolidated e-way bills shall be made at any time that the supplier/transporter feels it necessary to bring a few shipments of goods in a single-vehicle. In other words, if a single vehicle holds more than one shipment belonging to the same vendor, it is not appropriate to comply with different e-Way bills for each shipment, but a combined e-Way bill may also be produced. This would not only make it better for the retailer, but also for the courier, who will have to deliver a single text.
Prerequisites for the production of consolidated E-Way bills
There are a few criteria that need to be met before an individual can produce combined e-Way bills. These prerequisites are laid out as follows:
- Registration at the Bill e-way portal.
- You may have an Invoice/Bill/Challenge relating to the shipping of merchandise.
- The ID of the transporter or the vehicle no (for transportation by road).
- Carrier ID, Carrier Document No, and date of the document (for transportation through rail, air, or ship).
- Apart from these, the taxpayer should have all the E-Way Bills of the individual consignments to be shipped in a single conveyance.
Step-by-Step Guide to Consolidated E-Way Bill On E-Way Bill Site
A retailer or carrier can produce a combined e-Way Bill for several shipments online through the E-Way Bill (EWB) platform using a few easy measures.
- The provider/transporter must access the https:/ewaybill.nic.in E-Way Bill (EWB) framework portal using a web server on their desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- When in the portal, press the Access button on the top right of the homepage.
- Enter your certificate (username and password) on the Login tab, complete the Captcha authentication, and press the Login button to activate the services offered by the E-Way Bill Framework.
- From the left pane, select Merged EWB and click Build New. You will be redirected to either the EWB-02 or the Merged E-Way Bill form.
- Click the Send button to proceed after entering all the appropriate details.
- If the files have been submitted successfully, you will be redirected to the Print Consolidated E-Way Bill Form, where you will see the information displayed on your screen.
- Note: A separate 12-digit Unified E-Way Bill No. is made for you. You may also print the details as it may be helpful in the case of products being delivered to the recipient or recipient.
- In the following chapter, we’ll show you how to print your newly created Merged E-Way Bill No.
How to Re-Generate and/or Cancel a Consolidated E-Way Bill
If there is a need or a situation occurs, the supplier/transporter can also re-generate his/her E-Way Bill through the E-Way Bill System portal.
This can be done through the following steps:
- Make sure you log in to the E-Way Bill System server. If you don’t, hit the Login button to log in with your credential.
- From the left pane, select Combined EWB and press Re-Generate.
- You will be forwarded to the form where you will be asked to enter either the 12-digit E-Way Bill No or the date on which the combined E-Way Bill was formed. You will also be asked to take care of the reason for the bill to be re-generated.
- After you have obtained the necessary detail, click the Go button.
- Your Cumulative E-Way Bill will be generated and viewed on your computer.
Consolidated E-Way Bills can be canceled, is the person may desire to do so, by simply clicking the Cancel option under Consolidated EWB on the Dashboard. The supplier/transporter will only be required to enter their 12-digit E-Way Bill No. and then submit by clicking the Go button.
Note: The changes can be made to the bill as soon as it is canceled.