Meet Asia’s Biggest Weight Loss Secret! The garcinia cambogia fruit has been a focus for many people looking for natural ways to lose weight.
Weight loss is a method that most resist with, not just for conceit but also to be healthy. While usual exercise, strict diet, and a clean everyday-life goes a long way in maintaining the digits on the scale, it is possible that you may not get the desired results even after all this. You might be stuck on a weight plateau or need to accelerate getting in shape. There is where Asia’s best kept secret – Garcinia Cambogia comes into the picture.
Garcinia cambogia is a popular weight loss supplement.
Garcinia cambogia for weight loss is native to India and Southeast Asia. It is used as a natural food preservative and food condiment in most parts of the Asian countries. Let us take a look at the few effects of garcinia for a better understanding of how it works for weight loss.
- The Garcinia extract contains a chemical called hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which has special properties that affects our appetite. It acts as a dietary supplementand helps for weight loss.
- It has also been used for joint pain relief and digestive symptoms and to improve athletic performance.
- Garcinia for weight loss has been tested in various studies conducted on people.
- Several dozen cases of liver toxicity have been reported in people who were taking products labeled as containing garcinia cambogia.
Some side effects of Garcinia cambogia includes:
- Liver Damage: although this problem is very uncommon, the cases that were found were quite severe. The cases that were involved were known to contain a combination of different ingredients, but some involved products labeled as containing only garcinia cambogia.
- Headache and nausea: some other side effects of Garcinia cambogia include headache and nausea, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal symptoms
An all-natural ingredient, Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss has special ingredients that helps you lose weight along with exercise and diet. That’s not all, though! This power fruit also offers other benefits like:
- Resolving sleep disorder
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving mood
- Relieving stress
- Regulating blood sugar
- Lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
The Health Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
If you’re considering garcinia cambogia (Malabar tamarind) to lose weight, you’ve probably seen ads for this herbal weight-loss aid—which contains an active compound called hydroxycitric acid (HCA)—in magazines and online. Many of them include references to clinical studies and some mention Dr. Oz’s name in order to gain your attention.
But should you really open your wallet to buy this diet pill? Though the rind of the pumpkin-like fruit has a history as a digestive and a traditional remedy to treat a range of complaints, there are concerns about both the safety and efficacy of HCA. At least 10 cases of liver failure associated with garcinia cambogia Weight loss supplements, resulting in one death and two liver transplants, have been reported.1 Here’s what you need to know about garcinia cambogia and HCA before buying it.
Commonly known as
- Garcinia gummi-gutta
- Pot tamarind
Weight Loss: HCA has been shown to inhibit the formation of fat and to enhance satiety, the sense of feeling full and satisfied, and thus to suppress food intake. However, according to one review article from 2013, most of the evidence on these benefits has been derived from animal studies. 2 In humans trials the evidence on whether garcinia cambogia or HCA is effective for weight loss is conflicting, and any effects it may have appear to be small.
The upshot, according to the authors of this review article: Definitive conclusions that garcinia cambogia/HCA supplements are effective against obesity remains to be proven in larger-scale and longer-term clinical trials.