You don’t have to completely remodel your home in order to elevate its look. There are plenty of simple things you can do to improve your indoor and outdoor space. Try any or all of them and see how different things look.
Plants and flowers
Potted plants and flowers add a beautiful touch to both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Place potted plants in modern plant pots.
- Rather than place flowers in the ground, elevate the look by using an outdoor vase.
- Use large pots and vases; the larger size gives the room a grander look. Smaller pots get lost in the space.
- Choose large plants to fit the large pots; again, small plants will be lost in a large pot.
- Pick unique vases with a modern look.
Colorful accent pieces
You can change the look of a room by changing your accent pieces.
- A neutral room looks new and updated when you use a few accents in fun colors. The pop of color makes the room look modern.
- Change your curtains for a different color and pattern.
- Change the comforter in the bedroom.
Paint your front door
Painting your front door an unexpected color gives your home a modern appeal. Think about painting your door orange, yellow, blue, or a bright green. Any unusual color will give the home a new and enhanced look; it will also improve the home’s curb appeal. Be bold when choosing the paint for your front door.
Change the hardware on cabinets
Something as inexpensive and easy as changing out the hardware on the kitchen and bathroom cabinets can elevate the look of a room.
- Change the handles and the hinges to get a cohesive look.
- Opt for a modern finish.
- Look for fun, modern shapes for hardware.
- You can even change the hardware on dresser drawers to give the furniture a new look.
Add a coffee table tray to your coffee table
A coffee table tray adds beauty and functionality to your coffee table. These trays protect your table and give you a space for drinks, decorative accents, and remotes. Chose a tray that coordinates with your decorating style.
Mirrors do a lot for your home; place them in the living room, dining room, bedroom, and bath.
- Mirrors are a pretty decorative accent.
- They can make a small space appear larger.
- Many feel that a mirror increases good energy in a home.
Hang artwork on the walls
If you haven’t made artwork a priority in your home, it’s time to start.
- Choose colors and looks that appeal to you.
- Let your art showcase your personality.
- A large piece of art makes more of a statement than several smaller pieces.
- If you’re going to use smaller pieces, hang them together in a grouping.
If you are tired of the look of your home, paint the walls. Paint can work wonders in any room; it completely changes the look. Of course, painting requires more effort than the other ideas presented here, but if you really want to change the look of any room, give it a fresh coat of paint in a different color. Paint is one of the least expensive ways to completely change the look of a room.
Don’t let yourself get stuck in a rut; take a few minutes to update your home and garden. Most of the above ideas are fast and easy to implement. You’ll love the new look of the space. You can work wonders with a few new items and a bit of effort. Have fun giving your home a new look.