Choosing a right university and destination for abroad studies is one of the most important choices for all the students who wish to study abroad but studying abroad involves many other things including mode of transport, meals, work and stay. Choosing the right accommodation as per your budget and closer to university can be difficult and time-taking but this article will help you in choosing which mode of stay would be the best for you.
You must know that even after choosing one mode, you are not stuck to it as you can change your accommodation after the completion of one year.
Also known as Hall of Residence or Dormitory, on-campus residence is provided by the universities to students who wish to stay within the campus. If you choose this option, you would be sharing your room with 2-3 students with Kitchen and washroom. Living on campus is an option opted majorly by the First-Year students who are new to a place.
Pros of On-Campus Accommodation
- You would be living within the campus
- You will save money on transport, internet, electricity
- On-campusresidence is much safer
- You would get a chance to communicate with students belonging to different cultures
- On-campusrooms are more furnished and well maintained
- You would get a decent level of independence
Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
- On-Campus residence is not as budget-friendly as off Campus Accommodation
- If drop out, student need to pay the residence’s financial penalties
- Meals provided by the dormitory can be expensive
- While studying abroad, you will not experience the ‘Real World’
- While staying On Campus, you would have to share your room, bathroom, kitchen and hall with other roommates.
Off-Campus Accommodation which generally includes Homestays and Private/ Shared Apartments are chosen generally by the students after gaining some experience living abroad and wishes to experience living abroad on their terms. Generally, the rooms provided by the university get reserved very fast. In that case, off Campus is the only option for the students.
Staying as a paying guest in somebody else’s home is considered as Homestay. Homestay is one of the popular options chosen by the number of students who study abroad. If you choose Homestay, you will receive a full or semi-furnished bed with Kitchen, Bathroom, Study Table and other required facilities. Either you can stay alone or share it with your friend. Choosing this option is beneficial as you will get the opportunity to understand the culture of the country and share the facilities provided by the family.
Private apartment or shared apartment is an option mostly preferred by the students who are not new to the place and have a good amount of knowledge about the country and its culture. Private apartments are leased by the students according to their budget and requirements.
Pros of Off-Campus Accommodation
- Off-Campus, accommodation is much cheaper than on Campus Accommodation
- You will get absolute independence and self-reliant
- You will get the opportunity to interact with the local community
- Off-Campus will offer you enough space and privacy
- You can apply for off Campus as per your comfort
- Off-Campus will allow exploring the culture, society, lifestyle and the destination in a wider sense
Cons of Off-Campus Accommodation
- It can be expensive keeping travelling, meals, internet and other expenses in consideration
- Safety is not guaranteed
- You might face problem in choosing the best apartment as per your budget, safety and closer to university
- It will become difficult for you to communicate with other fellow students
The factors mentioned above are some advantages and disadvantages for both On-Campus and Off-Campus Accommodation which can help you in making the right choice of accommodation as per your budget and comfort. For knowing further about accommodation, do contact Admissify Today. Our experts will guide you throughout. Admissify aims that your stay is comfortable and memorable. Visit our office today and get all the necessary information related to an affordable place to study Abroad or visit www.admissify.com for more information and get connected with us today.