Body oils are an essential part of daily life, to maintain healthy glowing skin, to nurture skin and to remove stress and improve blood circulation. Other than these things body oils have other qualities as well. In ancient times people used to get body massage on a regular basis with body oils as they knew the benefits of these herbal oils. Each of them has their own essence and beneficial properties. There are an endless number of spas around us which give best body massage therapies to stimulate your nervous system and overall health. If you can’t massage oil yourself then you can call experts who can come home and help you , as nowadays these kinds of facilities are available. But you should choose oils and specific herbal oil massages as per your need because not each and every oil will give you the same effect. People who go through lots of stress either physical or mental , require body massage of oils. You should also check for your allergies before you go for body massage with specific oils as it may create some allergic reactions. There are lots of spas or body massage parlours which follow all the hygienic protocols like sanitization, they have their skin specialist doctors who will assess your skin, check if you have any allergy to any specific substance and then recommend the suitable massage for you.
These are 10 essential oils with benefits which is extremely good for body massage –
- Olive oil – Olive oil is a great source of natural moisture for skin as it contains natural vitamin E which is an organic moisturizer and glow enhancer of the skin. Oil massage with olive oil helps in relieving stress , muscle ache and also helps in blood circulation . Because of its diverse therapeutic uses it is used from ancient times in different cultures.
- Peanut oil – though peanut oils are allergic to some people , it is advised to go for a patch test before trying peanut oil massage. Peanut oil massage is hugely used in spas . It is used for relieving muscle ache, stress reduction, and joint pains. The best method to use this oil is to warm up the oil first and then massage effectively with strokes on all over the body. It is also called groundnut oil.
- Lavender oil – lavender oil has many therapeutic uses and beautiful organic essence. The aromatic essence of lavender oil helps to relieve stress , cures insomnia and muscle pains. While doing body massage it helps to relieve body pain, muscle ache, sprain and joint pains. It is also useful for erasing acne scars, wrinkles, cut marks and it helps to nurture dry and flaky skin.
- Coconut oil – coconut oil is very good for body massage . As long as you keep massaging daily with coconut oil you come to see the changes that have turned your skin in a better way. Coconut oil is easily available in the market and it doesn’t cost you much. That’s Why everyone can opt for coconut oil massage for the body. It contains vitamin E and some antioxidants that helps to restore the skin moisture and makes the skin glowy and healthy. It layers the skin with the natural moisture within and thus protects the skin from further drying. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties which prevents any skin infection. It is also helpful specially to treat skin dryness disorder like xerosis.
- Sweet almond oil – sweet almond oil is a good option for people who want medium moisture coverage on their skin. It’s neither too greasy nor too light. It has some anti-inflammatory properties that’s why it has a very soothing effect over the skin. People who are suffering from itching, rashes specially who have dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis can use this oil for body massage or as a body oil as it relieves the inflammation. It is also useful for fighting against the damage caused by UV rays on the skin like it helps in curing sun tanning, sunburn etc. For muscle pain and body pain also it is useful.
- Grapeseed oil – grapeseed oil has lots of beneficial properties which is immensely effective while doing body massage. It has very mild or no odor and it is light oil for body massage and it nourishes the body like a deep moisturizer. It makes your skin glow after each and every massage. It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that helps to treat skin diseases. It contains vitamin E, nutrients and linolenic acids that helps to rebuild tissue damages
- Argan oil – Pure argan oil is used for body massage in spas . It is highly beneficial for tissue nourishment , scar recovery, spot removal and erase cut marks. Because of its high nurturing properties it can be used as deep moisturizing body massage oil. It helps to relieve joint pains and muscle pains.
- Avocado oil – avocado oil has a high amount of latex in it which can be allergic to some people , that’s why it is recommended that before massage with avocado oil you should perform a patch test to check if it can cause any allergic reaction to you or not. Cold pressed pure avocado oil is deep green in colour and dense in nature. Mixing up with another oil before massage is recommended as it can cause a greasy effect over skin. It is very useful as it can give a soothing effect over skin as it has antiinflammatory properties within it. It has many antioxidants and vitamins like A,C,D,E which the overall skin health with each massage. It is useful for psoriasis disease, and in treatment of wrinkles, stretch marks etc. it helps to restore the collagen formation of the skin and makes skin soft and supple.
- Jojoba oil – it is actually a kind of wax that is extracted from jojoba plants. However it is light in nature and its non sticky, non greasy property makes it more preferable. It contains vitamin E which helps to nurture the skin after each massage. It has antibacterial as well as antiinflammatory properties which helps calm down itches and removes bacterial infections. It is used to treat dermatitis, acne , eczema and other skin diseases.
- Sesame oil – according to ayurvedic texts , sesame oil is highly beneficial from ancient times. It helps to strengthen muscles, ligaments and tendons. It is highly dense in nature therefore little bit greasy and sticky. But it has a good hydrating capacity to nurture the skin after each massage . It is helpful in muscle pain and joint pain as it has antiinflammatory properties. It helps to cure wrinkles, tanning, finelines, sunburn etc. In ancient times it was used after mixing up with other herbs as an ayurvedic treatment.
You can go for any of these oil massages alone or may choose to mix different oils before doing body massage. Either of these options are equally good as per your need. Try any of these and you will feel better. Good luck!